There are vacancies for two interns per year at Culture Action Europe‘s office in Brussels
For the next internship starting in November 2012 we are looking for a Communications Assistant.
The main task of the intern will be to maintain and develop Culture Action Europe’s various communication tools including websites, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters, campaign communications, members’ briefings and press releases as well as to assist with membership management and developing relationships with media and press. The internship will also include administrative tasks.
The internship would ideally start in Mid-November 2012 for a period of minimum 6 months, preferably longer. Please send your application including your CV and motivation letter between 15 September – 15 October 2012 ONLY by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your name and “INTERNSHIP NOVEMBER 2012″ in the subject line.
To qualify you should ideally:
• Be a student on a relevant university course (Journalism, Communications, Public relations) at the time of the internship. A background in Cultural Studies or European policies is an advantage.
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English (mother tongue or a high level of proficiency) and French. The ability to write and proofread texts in both languages is required.
• Have some experience in writing accessible articles in the field of arts, culture and/or European policies, as well as communications and press handling
• Be energetic, enthusiastic, resourceful and a team player
• Have good organisational, word processing and general computer skills. Experience of editing websites using WordPress is an advantage.
• Have experience of an office environment
• Have a demonstrable interest in Culture Action Europe’s work
Some financial compensation will be provided but the ability to source your own funding (grants, scholarships etc.) is an advantage. Due to a high number of interested candidates, we are able to respond to successful candidates only.